Website Allied Universal
The SOC (Security Operations Center) Security Analyst will be assigned to furthering the security mission within the client’s Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC) and Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). The SOC Security Analyst is responsible for delivering operations within the GPS control room across all client sites in the respective region. They will work with the client’s leadership to ensure operational best practice to ensure the physical safety and security of our people, buildings, and assets.
As a SOC Security Analyst, you will serve and safeguard clients in a range of industries such as Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Education, Government and more.
- Actively monitor and respond to critical systems alarms such as physical security systems alarms, fire panels, etc.
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the business and perimeter. Working environments and conditions may vary by client site.Execute RSOC and GSOC standard operating procedures, operating the SOC, in shift patterns as required
- Coordinate direct action and responses to incidents and alarm activation
- Provide customer service to our clients by carrying out safety and security procedures, site-specific policies and when appropriate, emergency response activities
- Foster cross organizational relationships to encourage risk information sharing across the business
- Serve as an initial point of contact in emergency situations which may affect the health and safety of employees
- Provide a high level of service to local and remote client sites and staff with the emphasis on the security and safety of client staff, assets and information
- Compile reports for the SOC Shift Manager in order to share with GPS management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis; provide high quality written and verbal reports as and when required
- Monitor several screens, systems, and events simultaneously, with the ability to shift priorities as needed
- Monitor operational network video cameras; operate all SOC technologies including network video, access control, etc.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external responders during critical incidents
- Take telephone enquiries; maintain accurate logs of events
- Respond to incidents and critical situations in a calm, problem solving manner
- Deliver world-class Global Security services by understanding and working closely with technical security implementations and incident management programs
- Provide exceptional customer service by anticipating needs, offering suggestions, and exceeding expectations
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and respond to incidents, particularly in emergencies, in a professional, resilient and timely manner with minimal supervision where appropriate
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a background investigation in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Allied
- Universal will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of security operations experience or previous experience working in a Global Security, Command, or similar 24×7 operations center environment
- Be at least 18 years of age for unarmed roles; 21+ years of age for armed roles
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required
- Must possess experience in basic security analysis, problem solving, handling preliminary inquiries, incident assessment, and triaging reports
- Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Basic working knowledge of data protection policies such as GDPR and the need to keep sensitive information secure
- A valid driver’s license will be required for driving positions only
- High proficiency in using IT applications, data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills to a speed of at least 25wpm with at least 75% accuracy
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years of verifiable experience
- Basic knowledge of some technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, LAN/WAN
Company: Allied Universal
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A