Akima Technical Solutions (ATS) provides a full spectrum of air operations support services at numerous Army and Air Force installations, including fuel management, aircraft maintenance, airfield support, ground equipment maintenance, transportation, material management, warehousing and distribution, and procurement services. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Perform repairs and services at the Organizational and intermediate levels of maintenance for all Army Common equipment
- Must be capable of replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings or other engine parts that have become unserviceable on all types of Army common vehicles
- Perform all scheduled and routine unscheduled vehicle maintenance at the unit site and off site if deployed to another CONUS location
- Perform engine, transmission and electrical troubleshooting and diagnostic on assigned equipment to determine required repairs IAW applicable technical manuals
- Be familiar with the family of FMTV, LMTVs, M1113s, M1151s, M1165s M1152s, M1097s, M1038s, HEMTT, ATVs, Generators, and other power driven equipment that may require Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Technical Manuals assigned to the designated SF Group – Serve as the customer SME on all maintenance related issues
- Must have an active secret clearance
- The applicant seeking the mechanic position must also have worked on the family of military vehicles and have at least 5 years of hard maintenance experience.
- You must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements for infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A