Website DP World
Data Privacy & Security Specialist will be responsible for ensuring adequate data privacy and security by defining governing processes in-line with local and international Data Privacy regulations, implementing corresponding controls, conducting periodic reviews and increasing awareness among data owners.
- Develop Data privacy and security framework and governing processes in-line with local and international regulations applicable to DP World (e.g., UAE Personal Data Protection Law, GDPR, etc.) and best practices.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s
- Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies.
- Provide oversight and governance of DLP solutions, provide input for defining data leakage prevention rules and ensure adequate security is implemented as per the policies.
- Coordinate with and assist regional business units in establishing or enhancing data privacy & security controls and initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement periodic reporting mechanisms for data privacy and security practices for management to track implementation progress and current compliance/completion status for the initiatives.
- Conduct data privacy awareness sessions, data classification workshops, coordinate with data classification champions from each department and DPW business units to facilitate data owners in classifying their information in-line with defined policies.
- Perform periodic spot-checks to assess the compliance with defined policies and procedures on data classification, privacy and security across Head Office and regional Business Units.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in new projects, products and initiatives to address data privacy and security issues to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and best practices.
- Create a register for information and information processing activities covering data in all critical business applications and group functions, mapping data with processing activities, storage arrangements and security controls.
- Working knowledge of GDPR, DIFC Data Protection Law, UAE Protection of Personal Data Protection Law, COBIT-2019 framework, ISO 27001,
- Experience in organizing table-top exercises on data privacy and security.
- Good understanding in E-commerce, logistics, supply chain & port operations applications will be an added advantage.
- Technical knowledge of Data protection solutions like DLP, data classification tools, etc.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- In-depth understanding of local and international data protection regulations and industry best practices.
- Experience in working with Multinational Companies (MNC) is preferable.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Program and Project management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Industry recognized data privacy & security related certifications are preferred, including: CIPP/CIPM/CIPT, CDPSE, PECB Certified Data
- Protection Officer, CISM, CISA and/or ISO 27001.
- Team player and conflict management skills.
- Experience in establishing data privacy and security framework, implementing data governance and data classification processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Should have 8-10 years of experience in IT governance with at least 5 years’ experience in Data Privacy & Security domain.
- Ability to adapt in a complex environment, loves challenges, with the will and drive to learn new things on his/her own.
- Knowledge of developing policies, procedures related to Data Privacy & security processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Company: DP World
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A