Website South African Revenue Service
To provide expertise, advice and support in practice formulation and associated best practice improvement tactics, by ensuring that complex operational policy and standard operating procedures on a national level, are in line with international conventions and agreements, quality management standards and best practices, in order to enable tactical translation and operational implementation.
- Develop policies, procedures, standards and guidelines within Customs, Excise or Support Services.
- Administer and interpret legislation and provide specialist advice in the area of speciality, which is Customs, Excise or Support Services.
- Translate top down policy in relation to Customs, Excise or Support Services and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Optimise the operational environment through research and application of best practices and ensure alignment to the overall infrastructure strategy.
- Evaluate policy and standard operating procedure proposals within the broader framework of SARS goals and in conjunction with all relevant role players.
- Apply judgment within policy and procedures to support and meet business needs.
- Analyse and make recommendations about improvements to specialist systems, procedures and Customs, Excise or Support Services practice.
- Contribute to the optimum utilisation of organisational resources, advising on effective planning and development of Customs, Excise or
- Support Services resource plans.
- Develop a single practice area in alignment with operational activity and procedural frameworks and ensure tactical implementation.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge and experience to identify and recommend tactical solutions to problems in practices.
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse and produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies and inconsistencies for decision making purposes.
- Optimise goal achievement through tactical strategy implementation and optimisation of practises, processes and systems across an internal value chain.
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies for Customs, Excise or Support Services to identify and manage risk exposure liability.
- Analyse and report on adherence to policy and procedure across the organisation.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and practice thought leadership in Customs, Excise or Support Services.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in Customs, Excise or Support Services.
- Develop and ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional stakeholder service.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisational knowledge management.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in law, economics or taxation (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in Customs, Excise, Support Services, governance, policy analysis or similar of which 3-4 years at operational specialist level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years’ experience in Customs, Excise, Support Services, governance, policy analysis or similar which 3-4 years operational specialist level.
- The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations.
- The ability to take all relevant details into account to ensure that a task is completed to required standards.
- Ability to be considerate for self and others.
- Ability to create reports for various SARS stakeholders as relevant, in a lucid and effective manner, keeping in mind the purpose of the reports.
- Ability to determine trends from raw data to assist decision-making in various aspects of work at SARS
- Must be able to systematically identify, analyse and resolve existing and anticipated problems in order to reach optimum solutions in a timely manner
- Applies Risk and Compliance knowledge and skills within the parameters of prescribed regulatory and best practice framework for good corporate governance
- Process Auditing with regards to Policy & Procedure
- Knowledge of own organisations, policies, procedures, services, products and business operating model
- The knowledge and interpretation of the functional policies and procedures, including monitoring their consistent application internally within SARS.
Company: South African Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brooklyn
Application Deadline: N/A