Website South African Revenue Service
To speedily and efficiently consider VDP applications and grant relief of voluntary disclosures by way of voluntary disclosure agreements.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input into reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change
- Plan for value added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and multiple process, product and risk optimisation.
- Compile Statistical reports applicable to the area of specialisation.
- Conduct research to investigate the facts and legal implications of cases in order to make recommendations.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and SARS role players to achieve predefined objectives.
- Facilitate various VDP proceedings convened in terms of legislation and rules promulgated under the applicable Acts with applicants and their representatives in order to reach an agreement effectively, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
- To research both facts and Law pertaining to a VDP application including liaising with the relevant business areas with a view to seeking understanding and insights.
- To provide recommendations to the relevant Debt committee to determine collectability of taxes due
- To assist in raising the necessary assessments to give effect to the VDP agreements.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation.
Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations and discrepancies
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedure to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback & exceptional service.
Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/ Advanced Diploma (NQF7) in Law , Accounting or Taxation and 5-7 years’ experience in a tax environment, of which 2-3 year ideally at functional specialist level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years related tax experience.
Company: South African Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brooklyn
Application Deadline: N/A