Website South African Revenue Service
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area, by leading and managing an audit team to ensure effectiveness of audit operations across multi tax types, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of Transfer Pricing Audit objectives
- Enforce compliance management through adherence to technical standards and all relevant legal and SARS requirements
- Manage significant cases, minimise the risks identified and assist in the development of tax and customs legislation where required
Own end-to-end audits conducted, including finalisation of objections and appeals.
- Accompany auditors in interaction and engagement with the taxpayer, where required
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Implement governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Encourage and enable teamwork, by enabling collaboration with others and commitment to pursuing set goals.
- Develop and maintain a team that is capable for operating to their full capability and provide appropriate skills, knowledge and experience
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources
- Translate performance expectations into specific metrics and goals to identify and provide effective services, solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Manage effective cost control of the core processes in line with targeted savings.
- Contribute to the development of divisional budgets to minimise expenditure aligned with divisional plans.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Drive service delivery goals and standards in support of business unit objectives.
- Build strong relationships and implement service level agreements that promote SARS with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in Transfer Pricing, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 Transfer Pricing experience
Company: South African Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Woodmead
Application Deadline: N/A