Website South African Police Service - SAPS
- To oversee an effective and efficient Financial Compensation Service to the SAPS.
- Ensure and administer all salary matters in the SAPS.
- Ensure, administer and control salaries, allowances and deductions of SAPS.
- Ensure Medical Payments in the SAPS. Ensure Financial Auxiliary Services in the SAPS.
- Manage and utilise human, financial, physical and information resources in the immediate post environment in accordance with the strategies, priorities and regulatory framework of the SAPS.
- Must have at least a 3 year Degree or Diploma (accredited by SAQA on NQF level 6 or higher) in Accounting, Financial Management, Government Finances, Public Financial Management, Policing, Public Management or equivalent qualification. A post graduate qualification and / or registration as Chartered Accountant (South Africa) and / or relevant training and development in an Executive Development Programme, Leadership and Management or Project Management may be an advantage;
- Must have a minimum period of three years’ appropriate managerial experience in the field of the post;
- Must be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Must have a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license; and
- Will be required to undergo a security vetting process to the level of Top Secret and obtain a security clearance of Top Secret within six months after appointment (if not already in possession of such a valid security clearance).
- Applicants must have knowledge of systems, processes, procedures, policies and legislation relevant to the field of the post, such as the
Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Public Service Act, South African Police Service Act, as well as Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Police / Public Service Regulations, Risk Management Framework in the Public Sector and other relevant legislation.
- Applicants must also be computer literate (Microsoft Word / Power Point / Excel).
Company: South African Police Service – SAPS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A