Website South African Police Service - SAPS
- Manage the provision of legal support to the National Commissioner.
- Manage the provision of legal support to the National Commissioner in respect of high profile civil litigation related matters.
- Manage the provision of legal support to the National Commissioner in relation to high profile labour and arbitration related matters.
- Manage the provision of general legal support to the National Commissioner.
- Manage and utilise human, financial, physical and information resources in the immediate post environment in accordance with the strategies, priorities and regulatory framework of the SAPS.
- Must have a LLB / B Proc Degree (accredited by SAQA on NQF level 7).
- An applicable post graduate qualification in the above relevant fields, relevant training and development in Middle Management Learning Programme and / or admission as an Attorney or Advocate with successful bar examination / pupillage examination will be an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum period of three years’ appropriate managerial experience in the field of the post;
- Must be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Must have a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license; and
- Will be required to undergo a security vetting process to the level of Top Secret and obtain a security clearance of Top Secret within six months after appointment (if not already in possession of such a valid security clearance).
- Applicants must have knowledge of systems, processes, procedures, policies and legislation relevant to the field of the post, such as the Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS), Public Service Act, South African Police Service Act, as well as Public Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Police / Public Service Regulations, Risk Management Framework in the Public Sector and other relevant legislation.
- Applicants must also be computer literate (Microsoft Word / Power Point / Excel).
Company: South African Police Service – SAPS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A