Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Fitter & Turner to perform maintenance and repairs on machinery and equipment to ensure optimum plant availability.
- Maintenance, overhaul, installations and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Scope and plan works orders as required.
- Adhere to all Engineering and SHEQ standards.
- Machine a variety of equipment and components on Boring Mill/Lathes/Milling Machines as and when required.
- Complete notifications and confirm work orders.
- Fit, assemble, grind, machine and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment.
- Do quality control inspection on all equipment.
- Perform fault finding on equipment and participate in RCFAs.
- Perform daily and weekly route and plant inspections; and report all defects.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Matric. Full Engineering N2 Certificate.
- Fitter & Turner Trade Test Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years post trade test experience as an Artisan in a heavy industry environment, of which 3 years must be spent working as a
- Turner on machining equipment.
- SAP experience is advantageous.
- Rotable overhaul experience is advantageous.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Excellent faultfinding and troubleshooting abilities.
- The ability to work under pressure while following all procedures and standards.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stanger Mill
Application Deadline: N/A