Sappi Saiccor Mill requires an Area Engineer to provide competent and cost-effective mechanical maintenance and engineering support, service, advice, solutions and techniques to maximise plant production, in a safe and legally compliant manner.
- Actively drive the use of plant reliability monitoring techniques to ensure proactive maintenance and reduce unplanned downtime
- Continuously improve machine maintenance through the implementation of predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Plan maintenance schedules including team schedules, parts and consumables needed
- Monitor maintenance works in progress on a daily basis and take corrective action for any deviations from the schedules.
- Participate in the planning for planned small and overall maintenance shutdowns.
- Own the execution of the shut plan for the section.
- Manage equipment uptime through fast response and repairs of plant breakdowns.
- Monitor frequency and modes of equipment failures, breakdowns, accidents and overtime and drive root cause analysis.
- Manage projects for equipment renewals and capital projects on time and within budget.
- Participate in daily production multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings to agree on work focus areas and to resolve plant problems as part of the team.
- Conduct studies on new equipment, perform equipment inspections at vendor sites and interact with other industry players to determine whether the equipment would be suited for use in Sappi.
- Log all activities using the SAP system and use system reports for upwards reporting and monitoring.
- Ensure plant compliance with legal and regulatory requirements by informing teams of the requirements and conducting regular reviews.
- Participate in the maintenance budgeting process on an annual basis and monitor and control the costs thereof
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering while a BTech/BEng will be considered advantageous
- Government Certificate of Competency (Factories) would be an advantage
- 7 years of maintenance experience within a heavy industry environment
- Proven people management experience will be considered advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umkomaas, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A