Website Samancor Chrome
To supervise the cost-effective execution of all mining work ensuring the achievement of mining and quality targets and to ensure compliance of provisions of the Mine Health and Safety Act, Minerals Act and its Regulations.
- Ensure SHEQ compliance within the Team through effective use of the Toolbox
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Maintain labour stability by minimising labour turnover
- Labour complement in line with budget
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies
- Ensure IDP’s are linked to performance results and implemented as per plan
- Conduct career discussions and implement actions with all identified talent (quarterly)
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Conduct recruitment interviews
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Inspect all workings in area of responsibility as frequently as may be deemed necessary by the Mine Health and Safety Act
- Inspect every working face blasted within 48 hrs
- Inspect all other workings (not blasted) at least once a week at intervals not exceeding 10 days
- Daily during shift inspection visit all miners under his charge and satisfy himself that work is proceeding safely under every mine section
- Record findings in the log book
- Ensure adequate material is available for safe production.
- Measure blasted panels and plot on survey plan.
- Grade 12 / N3
- Blasting Certificate
- Minerals Act Regulation (15.1) appointment
- Shift Overseer Certificate (Mining) Will be an advantage
- Drop raising experience will be an advantage.
- Medical fitness as per organisational requirements
- At Least 3 years relevant experience in Mining, preferably 1 year supervisory experience.
Company: Samancor Chrome
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steelpoort
Application Deadline: N/A