This role will be responsible for the QSHE and control of all warehousing process and procedures, minimizing risk at the workplace and be fully responsible for implementing safe system of work and safe behavioral practices at all levels of the organization. Provide guidance to the organization and support the operation process in order to maintain and continually improve the safety culture and performance, in line with the organization’s needs to comply with business objectives in the short, medium and long terms and in accordance with terms of various contracts and integrated management system
- Managing, monitoring and continuously improving the application of group safety regulations.
- Ensure all related certifications in place e.g. Operator licenses, certificates, flammable stores HAZCHEM requirements (where necessary)
- Ensure compliance to all standards for contractors and visitors
- Ownership of emergency policies procedures
- Establish and manage monthly on- site QHSE forums with supporting administrative requirements
- Support regulatory requirements with regards to OHS ACT/NEMA and Similar
- Understand, manage and drive and hoc/new safety management
- Support QHSE awareness roll out requirements
- Drive safety awareness through ongoing interaction with staff and leadership (take ownership)
- Drive action plans committed to generally and from incident reports
- Consolidate, analyze and retain all incidents so as to ensure full traceability and visibility
- Complete relevant and professional root cause analysis/problem solving reports for all incidents
- Investigate and report all QSHE related incidents in the operation
- Compliance audits for related equipment (Fire-fighting equipment, sprinklers, cages, harnesses, detectors, alarms, ladders etc.
- Support site QSHE security audits
- Related daily, weekly, monthly reporting as required
- Carrying out internal and compliance audits.
- Min 2-year experience and highly effective working knowledge of QSHE:
- Problem Solving: Effective Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving and implementation of Corrective and Preventative Measures.
- Management: Must be able to do all managerial functions (Planning, Organizing, Leading, Controlling, Monitoring) independently, effectively and reliably.
- Communication: Must communicate effectively (written and verbal) to manage and meet both internal and external customer expectations.
- Compliance: Must ensure full site compliance, including the following: DSV Policies, Regulations, Work Instructions, Maintenance Schedule and Local Authority requirements.
- Stress and Conflict Management: Must have effective techniques and/or skills to manage conflict, cope with stress and work effectively under constant pressure.
- SHERQ: Internal measurement and auditing of all site processes to ensure stability and improvement in areas of Health and safety, environment and facility compliance/risk mitigation. Knowledge and experience of QMS such as ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001;
- Financial: Must have effective financial acumen to populate budget template, ensure tight cost control and ensure consistent on time revenue collection to meet or exceed budget;
- HR and IR: Must be able to effectively lead, train, performance measure and performance manage all subordinates to ensure high morale, productivity and retention. This includes advanced knowledge of Industrial Relations and Processes;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A