To manage an innovative team and cross functional members to maintain & support Radio and TV Broadcast Systems as well as to develop new innovations to modernise and enable technologies, processes and services to evolve the SABC Technology Division.
- Expert at compiling standby shifts to provide 24-hour support to all broadcast related faults and ensuring the mandate of the SABC is protected through a multi-skilled and diverse knowledgebase across all radio and television platforms
- Contributions to Technology’s Long-Term Capital Plans detailing future growth patterns and solutions to client’s 5 year plans.
- Compile submissions to Line Manager as part of Divisional Strategy input in alignment with the Corporate Plan and the Target Operating Model.
- Expert PFMA knowledge to produce accurate and timeous Operational Budgets
- Manage overtime and standby within agreed parameters
- Maintaining financial planning and controls within acceptable parameters by optimally applying resource management, time management, internal control measures, while remaining within the PFMA
- Expert knowledge of all management principles to managing staff conflict, grievances, recruitment, staff retention, disciplinaries, etc
- Expert in knowledge base and understanding of all HR policies & procedures, eg Employment Equity, Labour Relations, Code of Conduct, etc in order to promote healthy people management practices
- Advanced level of technical & operational knowledge & understanding of discipline specific matters
- Advanced knowledge & understanding of industry related matters and requirements, e.g. broadcast operations, TV/Radio operations, industry trends & developments and customer needs.
- Advanced working knowledge of criteria to which broadcasting should comply e.g. audio quality
- High level of technical and operational knowledge, understanding and application of broadcast equipment in accordance with minimum broadcast standards
- Planned & scheduled expert level maintenance of broadcast equipment and systems in accordance with specifications
Setting up, monitoring and manage outside broadcast infrastructure in order to ensure adherence to technical and safety specifications, maximum utilisation of facilities and resources for successful recording, production and broadcast
- Ability to assist and monitor where needed with rigging and de-rigging cables and equipment, ensuring the efficient and effective setting up and dismantling of the complete infrastructure and its safe return to the SABC base.
- Conducting advance inspection, analysis, checks and repair on the faulty equipment/ systems
- Design and implementation of equipment /system on required level in a facility in accordance with specifications
- National Diploma in Electronic Engineering\ Information Systems or equivalent NQF Level 6
- Code 10 with PDP, A+, N+
- At least 10 years’ experiencing in TV/Radio Broadcasting systems with a sound knowledge of IT and Broadcast Engineering principles with a minimum of 4 years as Principal Technician within broadcasting.
- Management Diploma/Relevant Management Certificates
- Project Management Certification
- Additional requirements to the job
- Expert understanding of Financial Management.
- Expert Knowledge and understanding of business and broadcast planning.
- Expert Strategic Management Skills
- Expert understanding of broadcast standards.
- Expert knowledge & understanding of different audio & video formats.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of circuit diagrams and electronic components.
- Expert understanding of broadcast operations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth
Application Deadline: N/A