Website Rotherham Borough Council
Davies Court is a residential care unit based in Dinnington. This is a 60 bedded unit delivering two services, dementia care and intermediate care (rehabilitation).
The post holder will be the shift leader on nights and ensure that all aspects of care are delivered in line with policy and procedures and Care Quality Commissions Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
The expectation is that 50% of this role is involved with direct care.
- Work with and support the night care staff on shift across all units
- Ensure person centred plans and risk managements are carried out the required standard, and that staff work to Dignity and Care Principles.
- Be required to facilitate and co-ordinate out of hours admissions to the intermediate unit in accordance with admission protocols. Including, care management procedures, risk management and medication.
- Provide on the job supervision and support as required to staff on shift.
- Report to shift leaders and manager, areas of good and bad practice around quality assurance initiatives.
- Liaise with a range of other professionals to co-ordinate admissions to hospitals or doctors’ visits during the night.
- Maintain health and safety procedures with service users, staff and customers in line with council policy.
- Ensure all information is documented in line with procedure and that all requirements and actions are followed through, and where appropriate passed to the shift leader or manager.
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to and implemented by staff on shift.
- Contribute to the development of a customer focused service that is responsive and flexible with regard to all customer needs.
Company: Rotherham Borough Council
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Doncaster, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A