We’re a rapidly growing team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. The Software Platform organization provides the infrastructure required for our product and ensures developer velocity and system stability. Our work spans multiple areas including architecture, the software development lifecycle, cloud infrastructure, networking, online data processing, reliability and more.
At Robinhood, the data our customers entrust with us is equivalent to our customers’ financial assets and life savings and therefore represents one of the paramount responsibilities we have to our customers. The safekeeping of the data storage is the responsibility of the storage team and we aim to make it easy to set up and use reliable and proven storage systems. We don’t lose our users’ data…ever.
- Combine software and systems knowledge to engineer high-volume distributed systems in a reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant manner.
- Continually optimize systems and workflows by improving infrastructure, automation, CI/CD, and observability.
- Act as an owner and leader of Robinhood’s infrastructure by ensuring project infrastructure needs are met and working proactively with customer teams to help them improve reliability and set best practices
- Provide mentorship both formally and informally to engineers at Robinhood, define and formalize the architecture design process and guide the overall architectural direction
- Represent Robinhood in the technology community
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Passionate about learning and using new technologies
- Ability to use data to make decisions
- Ability to debug complex systems
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A