As a Senior Manager on the Finance team, you will play a key strategic role in linking operational and business decisions with financial outcomes.
This role will serve as the key finance partner for the head of engineering and would have regular interaction with senior leadership at Robinhood and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance & Strategy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experiences in past roles influencing business leaders and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires someone who can navigate ambiguity and interdependence, juggle multiple projects end to end, and drive cross-functional projects to completion.
- Consolidate, track, and provide regular updates on cost efficiency measures across the engineering organization to optimize overall AWS spend and reduce waste.
- Prepare financial models and analyses to support business cases for growth, product builds, and other initiatives.
- Developing a process for and coordinating stakeholder participation in company-wide annual planning processes and financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of variances, for engineering and corporate IT.
- Supporting engineering and product leaders by preparing capital allocation frameworks to support investment recommendations on headcount funding and prioritization.
- Analyze AWS infrastructure spend across the organization and partner closely with engineering leads to build KPI’s to track and report on resource utilization.
- Develop robust cost allocation models for assigning AWS and engineering expenses to product P&L’s.
- Identifying areas to automate, improve, and simplify cross-team financial processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support the next wave of Robinhood’s growth.
- Monitoring and tracking engineering and product headcount by product, and devising a product-level cost attribution model for profitability reporting.
- Being a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support the next wave of Robinhood’s growth.
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling, unit economics, forecasting, and monetization strategies
- Proven ability to lead multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
- Strong interest in fintech and knowledge of the industry
- Passion for consumer and mobile first technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- Graduate degree such as an MBA or in related technical field preferred
- Ability to structure, drive, and communicate complex processes across a broad stakeholder groups to achieve results
- Ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written comms and logical reasoning
- Familiarity with analytical tools (SQL, Looker) and financial reporting software (Oracle, Anaplan
- Experience with leading a high-performing team
- 8-12+ years of FP&A experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in financial planning & analysis
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, and the business judgment to balance the details while not losing sight of the big picture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A