Website Reading Borough Council
Reading Borough Council is committed to providing a high quality effective and efficient waste collection service. We carry out a full range of domestic, recycling and commercial waste collection services to a high standard endeavouring to reduce landfill and maximize recycling across the services.
We are looking for experienced drivers to drive and to be responsible for refuse collection vehicles as requested and to remove domestic/trade refuse from houses, shops, schools and other domestic or commercial establishments
- Driving and being responsible for the vehicle and crew.
- Daily routine maintenance, including oil, water and fuel checks.
- Visual inspection of the vehicle and reporting faults to the Waste Operations Supervisor.
- The operation of power mechanism and the safe tipping of refuse at disposal sites.
- Transporting refuse collection crew.
- When not driving, assisting with collection of refuse and recycling in wheeled bins and bags.
- Follow Health & Safety procedures and codes of practices
- Using incab technology reporting issues
- May be expected to load when required
- You should be prepared for physically demanding manual work and manoeuvring of the refuse vehicle when on the round and at the disposal site.
- You will be working in all weathers and must have a can do and flexible attitude.
- You must hold a clean Class 2 (C) HGV License, and CPC card.
- Previous experience will be at an advantage.
Company: Reading Borough Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Camberley, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A