Website RCL Foods
At RCL FOODS we see and do things differently… We think bigger, work smarter, and collectively work as a team to achieve our ambition; MORE food to MORE people, MORE often!
Our Talent Team is currently looking for a curious, analytically-minded Supply Chain Analyst with excellent collaboration abilities to join the team at Vector Logistics, based in Westville, Durban.
The purpose of the role is to design and deliver supply chain solutions using world-class optimisation, planning and analytics technologies.Support the design & implementation of complex, in-depth Supply Chain solutions to existing and prospective customers, applying Supply Chain knowledge and advanced analytics to real business requirements in order to ensure a cost-effective, sustainable and executable solution is provided that satisfies our customer requirements and helps us to ‘GO BEYOND!’.
Provide support, analysis, design, and insight regarding network-, warehouse- and transport optimization.
- Data Analyst, Modeler, and Consultant focused on improving Supply Chain Design.
- Under the direction of the Supply Chain Solutions Architect and supported by the Junior Supply Chain analysts, work closely with cross-functional teams from Customer-, Commercial-, Operations-, Planning- and IT departments to deliver innovative Supply Chain solutions and a superior customer experience.
- Provide leadership to Junior Supply Chain analysts in order to drive and manage efforts across various internal- and external teams and to make critical informed decisions under pressure.
- Participate in the development & improvement of modeling approaches and provide technical leadership to Junior Supply Chain analysts.
- Provide support in identifying future medium to long-term requirements of the network, including:
- Calculating & validating the cost of maintaining and operating the current network.
- Identifying short term opportunities/efficiencies
- Analysing, evaluating & comparing different scenarios based on business criteria or model sensitivities in order to determine the impact on operating cost, volume flow paths, service, capacity, throughput & risk.
- Assist with creation, maintenance & improvement of key analytical models feeding into supply chain design models & adhoc behavioral analysis to drive optimisation.
- Identification of data required to meet Supply Chain modeling requirements.
- Cleansing, consolidation, transformation & validation of multiple data sources (types & systems) based on analysis requirements.
- Matric and completed a Tertiary Qualification in Industrial / Systems Engineering (University level).
- A Postgraduate or Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- 3 – 4 years’ work experience in a similar Supply Chain role, applying analytical methods to Supply Chain- and Business problems.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, Supply Chain planning and design.
- Understanding of simulation and the differences between optimization and simulation.
- Familiarity with planning, forecasting, transportation, inventory management, and strategic sourcing.
- Knowledge of the principles of optimization and how optimization is performed using software packages.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams.
- The ideal candidate would additionally have some Costing experience.
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A