Website American Hospital Dubai
The role of Radiation therapist encompasses supporting and assisting the Radiotherapy department in all aspects of its workflow from referral, treatment delivery to follow up. This will involve mould room tasks, localization and planning, treatment delivery and patient management and care. The radiation therapist shall adhere to these tasks according to established departmental practices and standards.
- DHA License/Eligbility with positive PSV report will be a plus
- Bachelors Degree/Diploma in Radiotherapy from an accredited University
- Current National / Professional / state-registered License (Home country registration from the concerned medical council).
- At least 3 years experience post certification in Radiation Therapy Field
- Deliver the dose according to the treatment plan.
- Confirm the location of region of interests to be scanned.
- Demonstrate safe practices in producing immobilization devices.
- Review any deviations from the protocol and take appropriate action
- Assess patients for side effects and refer them to other MDT (multi-disciplinary team).
- Ability to investigate and problem solve patient clinical issues, including critical thinking skills.
- Able to select all equipment parameters required for image acquisition and check compliance with procedure.
- Mark reference points for further imaging and treatment on patient’s body/immobilization/positioning devices.
- Competent in mould room work such as making electron cut-outs and bolus, taking into account safe working practices.
- Select appropriate immobilization devices for the area to be treated, including able to make masks for Head and neck treatments.
- Maintain QA procedures for treatment plans – such as weekly chart checks, morning QA procedures, treatment reviewed and treatment approval checks.
- Check all machine parameters, settings, monitoring and measuring devices used on the machines for function and accuracy of setting before treatment is delivered.
- Recognizing and assessing treatment discrepancies and ability to take appropriate actions to determine whether treatment can proceed or further action is required.
- Acquire images, data and reference material for radiotherapy processes in CT and on treatment verification and able to review the suitability and quality of these images.
- Confirm the identity of the patient, images and clinical records. Including carrying out patient safety checks before delivering radiation dose such as allergy and pregnancy status.
- Ensure patient preparation (bowel, prep, bladder prep, anal markers, markers for painful sites, etc) has been done and are relevant to the area being scanned and treated, by referring to local protocols.
- Support and monitor the patient throughout all procedures. This involves observing the patient, equipment and the room to detect any untoward events which may affect patient safety and impact on the safe delivery of radiation dose.
- Positioning the patient on CT scanner by adjusting their clothes in accordance to area being scanned to allow optimal outcome and preventing appearance of artifacts, whilst ensuring patient’s dignity comfort and self respect is maintained at all times.
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Health Care
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A