Website Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - PRASA
To provide administrative support to the Programme Managers and provide a secretarial function to the Programme Head of the Department.
- Captures all projects to produce a monthly updated Project Master Plan for submission to the Programme Head.
- Updates Master Plan for the Region (always contains all planned projects for the year) continuously to reflect accurate and current information.
- Manages and coordinates all functions of the Programme Head to ensure the office runs smoothly.
- Develops and implements procedures and systems to ensure the smooth running of the office on a day to day basis.
- Plans and organizes meetings and activities according to agreed priorities for the Programme Head.
- Supports with administration and coordination for all projects and special projects in the region.
- Drafts budget cash flow monthly report to monitor budgets effectively on a monthly basis and reports on budget compliance at monthly Project Meeting for the region.
- Maintains office equipment by interacting and reporting to the IT department when necessary.
- Keeps records of all the necessary documentation for the PMU Office to ensure availability of documentation as and when required.
- Responds to internal and external queries relating to payments and project management queries.
- Schedules all project meetings in advance for all PMU projects a year ahead.
- Compiles all meeting agendas for all internal project meetings and office meetings.
- Prepares and distributes meeting packs at least 3 days prior to each Project meeting.
- Takes and distributes minutes for all regional PMU related meetings.
- Compiles and Consolidates Cash Flow projects monthly based on payment requests received
- Company Policies and Procedures; Internal Processes and systems; Basic understanding of relevant legislation: BCEA; PFMA.
- Skills: Excellent administrative skills and ability to work in a result orientated environment; Computer literacy; Interpersonal skills; Verbal and written communication; Teamwork; Numerical skills; and organizing skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12;
- National Diploma or B Degree in Administration/Business/Accounting or Management.
- Certificate in Project Management would be an advantageous.
- A minimum of 3 years general office administration of which 1 year was in project management/ departmental support environment
Company: Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa – PRASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London
Application Deadline: N/A