Website Norfolk Public School
This position provides distribution of U.S. and intra-system mail. An employee in this class is responsible for the proper sorting and distribution of U.S. and intra-system mail. The nature of the work is such that the employee works independently in the processing of U.S. mail in accordance with federal postal regulations and guidelines. This employee will be a backup for the pony drivers, picking up and delivering mail to the schools and offsite locations. The employee makes most work decisions independently, and will regularly refer to policy and procedure to ensure compliance with routine regulations and guidelines.
- Requires a high school diploma and 2-3 years of related experience performing the essential responsibilities of a mail clerk and postal-related activities; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a CDL.
- Sorts and distributes incoming U.S. and intra-system mail to appropriate offices and departments.
- Notifies employees of special shipments, deliveries, packages and other items of special importance.
- Performs the duties of the Pony Driver when needed.
- Responsible for picking up and delivering mail to the schools and offsite locations.
- Ability to drive a mail truck to provide coverage for the Pony Driver position.
- Ability to use computer, work processing software, and mail machine software.
- Thorough knowledge of the general organization and functions of the school system in order to distribute mail accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate information accurately and effectively to school system employees.
Company: Norfolk Public School
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A