Under the direct supervision of the CGI Management personnel, the Bilingual (English/Spanish) Support Associate assists the Customer Service department in completing the various duties in the Customer Service Department, including translation and Spanish speaking requirements as needed. The employee is also expected to perform various clerical and repetitive manual functions to support the Customer Service and Adjudication departments. Additionally, perform various processing functions, utilizing office equipment and machinery in the preparation, processing, and mailing of passports and passport related documents. Utilize the current TDIS-PD and PRISM computer operating system to include creation of document batches, document imaging (scanning) and reviewing, retrieval of individual application information, data entry, book printing, the generation of mailing labels, and sorting and affixing postage to sealed envelopes. Must be able to perform quality checks for standard fee information on individual applications. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Support Associate Level III provides support to the Government staff and performs accounting functions, prepares letters, reports and specialized correspondence. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with any Spanish speaking needs and or required translation of correspondence and/or documents
- Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, mail out, and metering mail
- Generate mailing labels, ensure that mail labels match the applicant identification, fill and seal envelopes with correct passport and corresponding supporting documents
- Box and archive files for storage purposes
- Receive and assemble third-party mail
- Follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing
- Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file cabinets
- Operate scanning equipment and biological hood HEPPA filter to open mail
- Interface with Passport applicants at Agency/Center information and will-call counters. At the Information Station, ensure appointment is scheduled; review Passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication.
- Ensure the application and documents complies with passport requirements, photograph meets passport standards, and customer is provided fee information. Copy customer identification. At the will call station, distribute passports to the correct applicant, comparing customer to passport image or accepting proper documents and identification for third party pick up.
- Perform data entry.
- Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, image review, book print, quality control, mail out and metering mail.
- When operating a four-printer pod, prints passports at a rate of 50 to 65 passports per hour and reviews printed books for data accuracy and product quality.
- Review passport product against data system information for completeness and accuracy constantly applying laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to the issuance of a U.S. Passport.
- Use TDIS and determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports, maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion, ensure
- Passport chips are activated, and accurately scan images into DOS data systems.
- Perform searches as requested for customer applications and use troubleshooting skills in connection with information given by the TDIS inquiry screens; contact customers by phone for verification of mailing address and/or data information.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience data entering in a high volume production environment, and;
- Four (4) years of general office experience, including;
- Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- ALL CANDIDATES must pass a pre-employment language assessment measuring their proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing, in
- Spanish. Candidates must score at an Advanced Level on the pre-employment assessment administered by ALTA Language Services to remain eligible for consideration for the position.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt under pressure in stressful situations and follow instructions and established procedures
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy, such as: lifting, standing, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, opening mail, stacking, moving/stacking boxes, un-stapling, paper-clipping, book printing, sorting, filing, and reading
- Ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
- Ability to provide basic customer service skills
- Ability to transport up to 45 lbs.
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public
- Good data entry skills
- Good filing and file retrieval skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A