Website United States Postal Service
Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
- Handles and sacks empty equipment; inspects empty equipment for mail and restrings sacks.
- Assists in supply and slip rooms and operates copy machine and related office equipment.
- Cancels stamps on parcel post, operates cancelling machines, and carries mail from cancelling machine to distribution area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates equipment and machinery assigned to the jurisdiction of the Mail Handler Union.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: make occasional simple distribution of parcel post mail that requires no scheme knowledge; operate electric fork lifts; rewrap damaged parcels; weigh incoming sacks; clean and sweep work areas, offices rest rooms, and trucks where work is not performed by a regular cleaner.
- Places empty sacks or pouches on racks, labels them where prearranged or where racks are plainly marked, dumps mail from sacks, cuts ties, faces letter mail, carries mail to distributors for processing, places processed mail into sacks, removes filled sacks and pouches from racks and closes and locks sacks and pouches. Picks up sacks, pouches, and outside pieces, separates outgoing bulk mails for dispatch and loads mail onto trucks.
- Unloads mail from trucks. Separates all mail received from trucks and conveyors for dispatch to other conveying units and separates and delivers mail for delivery to distribution areas.
- Mail Handlers must work in an industrial plant environment for their assigned tour and days of work. Mail Handlers must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MH (475).
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harrisburg, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A