Website Buncombe County Government
Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their potential. Our mission is to promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life; to provide effective and efficient government our citizens can trust; and to deliver needed service through a responsive work force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
- Perform general clerical work including but not limited to the answering of phones, greeting and assisting walk-in customers, distribution of mail, and general data entry tasks.
- Provide internal and external customer service via phone, email, and in person; respond to inquiries, take messages, and refer inquiries to the most appropriate parties when necessary.
- Keep appointment calendars and schedule appointments for staff and the general public seeking services.
- Use computers and word processing software to process letters, forms, reports, schedules, manuals, booklets, requisitions, purchase orders, and related paperwork.
- Assist in sending out billings and other mass mailings.
- Prepare and complete forms and compose letters.
- Set up and maintain specialized paper and electronic office files.
- File letters, reports, and related technical information in the prescribed manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and alphanumeric sequencing.
- Knowledge of postal regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Publisher.
- Ability to create and maintain files and records.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to use functional reasoning and apply rational judgment in performing diversified work activities.
- Ability to exercise judgment in situations involving a variety of general pre-defined duties which may be subject to frequent change.
- Ability to effectively communicate with elected officials, department heads, and other County employees.
- Ability to use small office equipment and computers.
Company: Buncombe County Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A