DHL Aviation manage Hub & Gateway operations and customs clearance and provides a comprehensive airport-to-airport service to DHL International. In addition, DHL Aviation makes available the services of its network to a wide range of logistics service providers. By ensuring that the aircraft is fully used, DHL Aviation is able to create an expanding Network of routes able to meet its customers changing requirements. From Track&Trace right through to proof of delivery (POD), every shipment receives the same high level of secure management.
The Ramp is an essential department within operations at the LHR HUB. The ramp workers ensures that once material arrives in the Hub facility by air transport, the unloading and reloading is performed in accordance with DHL, Airline and Legal Regulations, and that the material is sorted in accordance with established procedures and is available for further distribution throughout the network at scheduled times.
- To be health and safety conscious and compliant.
- To operate various types of aircraft loading equipment (all training provided).
- To assist as part of a team in the methodical off and on-load of aircraft.
- To react positively to any last minute changes.
- To work in accordance with the Global Aviation Procedures and Standards manual. (GSAM)
- To carry out aircraft arrival and departure procedures
- Checking of Daily serviceability of equipment.
- To assist within the Sort operation and driving duties when not engaged in Ramp operations.
- To work towards DHL Certified International Specialist accreditation.
- Must meet criteria for issue of an Airside Pass
- Must hold a full driving license
- To be able to work under own initiative.
- To be physically able and have manual handling skills.
- Knowledge of ramp equipment an advantage
- Highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to follow Ramp procedures (filling LV sheets).
- Must be able to be flexible with working hours.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brentford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A