DHL is the most international company in the world with a global network in over 220 countries and territories across the globe and a workforce exceeding 500,000 employees serving 2.8 million customers worldwide.
DHL Aviation manage Hub & Gateway operations and customs clearance and provides a comprehensive airport-to-airport service to DHL International. In addition, DHL Aviation makes available the services of its network to a wide range of logistics service providers. By ensuring that the aircraft is fully used, DHL Aviation is able to create an expanding Network of routes able to meet its customers changing requirements. From Track&Trace right through to proof of delivery (POD), every shipment receives the same high level of secure management.
The Sort is one of our biggest department’s within the East Midlands Airport Hub, with direct connections covering the globe, and provides a 24/7 operation. Material arrives via a network of company owned or chartered aircraft as well as road transport, and is sorted to individual or group destinations using a conveyor system as well as heavy weight lifting machinery. The Sort handles all conveyable and non-conveyable shipments that transit EMA HUB as well as certain 3rd party activity.
- The loading/unloading of freight from containers.
- Handling all freight with care
- Checking of freight to the correct destination/area
- Making use of our scanning system (AS400) for import/ export of all shipments
- Safe driving of warehouse machinery/equipment
- Good knowledge of DHL procedures (Training will be provided).
- Forklift and equipment training.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be flexible due to operational requirements to work varied and flexible shifts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Derby, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A