The overall purpose of the Ramp Department is to ensure that once material arrives in the Hub facility by air transport, the unloading and reloading is performed in accordance with DHL, Airline and Legal Regulations, and that the material is sorted in accordance with established procedures and is available for further distribution throughout the network at scheduled times.
- Sorting and scanning of inbound and outbound material, manual lifting involved
- Preparing load sheets and load plans via SABLE in accordance with GAPS
- Overseeing loading and unloading of aircraft, when requested, in accordance with DHL GAPS.
- Liaising with relevant handling agents and third party shippers
- Coordinating container allocations as appropriate
- Arranging fuelling/de-icing as requested.
- Ensuring accurate and on time messaging
- Preparing flight plans and associated documentation via LIDO
- Maintaining clear communication with internal departments
- Adhere to country laws/regulations and company procedures/ standards in regard to Safety and Security
- Adhere to customs / import / export procedures as applicable
- Ensure any potential security breaches or concerns are brought to the attention of supervisor/manager without delay
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Dhl systems would be advantageous such as NMIV and RCT
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Working under pressure to deadlines in a time critical environment.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Driving Forklift license
- Experience in Aviation or Ramp handling would be an advantage
- Understanding of Aircraft loading procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hempstead, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A