Serco have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our team based at the Defence Academy in Shrivenham, Swindon. The Course Administration Management Department is responsible for supporting the planning and organisation of over 1200 courses on site at the Defence Academy, remotely and on-line.
- Leadership, learning and development of the team including conducting annual and mid-year performance reviews and regular one-to-one meetings with staff.
- Operating alongside the customer, ensuring high level dedicated quality administrative support and timely delivery of administration support to any assigned departments, monitoring work progress, focusing on delivering service excellence and delivering against team objectives.
- Provide workable solutions to resource issues/problems. Make sensible decisions and take action based on best available information in the absence of customer.
- Overseeing all administration ensuring protocols, policies and standardisation adhered to.
- Actively engage with induction processes to ensure the successful completion of own and colleagues’ probationary periods, supporting colleague development.
- Co-ordination, control, and delegation of incoming work from the customer and co-ordinating workloads across the departments.
- Assumes responsibility, decision making and maintains composure whilst under pressure.
- Good level of general education, with proven business writing skills and Maths.
- Confident with the ability to contribute to and chair/lead/control meetings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire other members of the team.
- Professional and engaging communication skills at all levels.
- You will have to gain enhanced clearance within the first 3 months of employment. Serco will arrange this on your behalf.
- Supports innovation and continuous improvement, solves problems, and generates ideas, and exercises judgement.
- It is essential that the successful candidate is PC literate, with a good level of experience in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Demonstrable organisational skills, ability to proactively manage departmental workload.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swindon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A