The candidate will be expected to undertake the role of Supervisor as defined under the NEC contract but consideration will be given to individuals who have significant, relevant experience as a Clerk of Works with the potential for further training to be provided.
The role will involve undertaking technical reviews of design proposals along with carrying out regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of works post-contract.
- Provide weekly written reports to the Project Manager and attend monthly project progress meetings during construction phase.
- Undertake technical review of design proposals at Outline Design and Detailed Design stages.
- Performing regular site inspections to monitor progress and quality of works on site.
- Proactive liaison with Contractor to identify potential issues and monitor programme.
- Ensuring Contractor performs responsibilities under the Contract.
- Act as the Supervisor as required under the NEC suite of contracts.
- Perform snagging and defect inspections as required under the contract.
- Membership of RICS/CIAT or similar
- Experience of working with contractors and of design and build procurement
- Full driving licence and own Transport (mileage will be paid for business use)
- NEC supervisor accreditation would be an advantage
- Be able to use the full Microsoft office suite
- Experience of Housing and Education related construction projects
- Holds a valid UK driving licence
- Ability to adapt to different working environments to build rapport with clients Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, when required
- CSCS Card Holder, or to be obtained ASAP
- Membership of Institute of Clerk of Works would be an advantage
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills
- Considerable experience undertaking NEC Supervisor role (or similar), both at pre and post contract stages
- View Job Posting Details 09:30 AM
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A