Website Provincial Health Services Authority
PHSA together with BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) took on responsibility for the delivery of health care services in BC Corrections facilities in October 2017. PHSA is mandated to improve the quality and continuity of care for clients across the province during their time in correctional facilities and as they reintegrate into the community. This will help to improve access to primary health care, as well as mental health and substance use support for inmates; key needs that have been identified not just in BC, but internationally.
- Work collaboratively with the interprofessional team to provide health care services to patients (inmates) with physical and/or mental health, substance dependence, concurrent disorder, and chronic disease.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care within an interprofessional clinical framework in accordance with Standards of Practice for the Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Provincial Health Services Authority and BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services as well as with established protocols
- Identify and monitor inmates’ actual and potential strengths and limitations including psychosocial, physiological, psychological, social-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses plus 1 year of experience working with offenders and/or in secure health care settings, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current full practicing licensure with the with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Company: Provincial Health Services Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oliver, CA
Application Deadline: N/A