Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Manager: Mining, the role will be responsible to implement the projects business plan for the underground sections and execute plan to meet production targets, safely and within financial budgeted targets, resource the production/project sections to achieve maximum utilization of equipment and labour efficiencies.
- LOM Mine Design: Contribute to the mine design parameters for expansion projects in line accepted best practices and operational functionality.
- Monitor and contribute to the development and maintenance of the short and long term (LOM) plans, mine designs and materials handling that contribute towards achieving production targets, mining efficiency and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) objectives.
- Interpret production requirements to develop a project plan and necessary service (roadways, transport, ventilation, ablution etc.) to ensure the effective utilisation of resources and the attainment of production and project targets.
- Responsible to ensure that sectional targets for primary production functions (ground handling) and support services (shafts and auxiliary services) are met in line with the business plan for safety, performance and cost.
- Responsible to ensure the delivery of projects within agreed safety performance, timelines, budget and quality. Control and coordinate all activities to achieve optimum production throughput, process efficiency, product security and information integrity.
- Provide input into the departmental budget.
- Manage the budget for the area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
- Responsible to ensure the achievement of safe project objectives within required quality standards and budget, in area of responsibility, by incorporating and aligning all relevant operational factors (i.e. organisational requirements, utilisation of resources, reserve optimisation, cost saving initiatives, standardisation and continuous improvement).
- Implement mining production processes, systems, products or new developments in various sections to integrate opportunities and mitigate deficiencies to ensure continuous improvement and alignment to mining best practice, policies and plans.
- Implement, coordinate and control process maintenance standards, specifications and service levels for are of responsibility.
- Coordinate and control project schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities, based on work responsibility, priority, and quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Provide projects related expertise and skills to the operation; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- Ensure capacity and bench strength of functional talent pool by coordinating, directing and leading projects talent in area of responsibility.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders on project related matters, and support the operation on project related engagement.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with the operation.
- Ensure that all reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules and is provided timeously to aid effective decision making.
- Monitor and evaluate performance against established strategies, frameworks, systems and programme, and identify and advise on opportunities for improvement to provide assurance to the Manager Mining.
- Responsible to respond to risks and audit findings in the various sections within the area of responsibility.
- Mine Managers Certificate of Competence.
- A minimum of 5 years practical mining experience in an underground production project environment of which 3 years must be as a Mine Overseer and/or Section Manager and/or Production Manager.
- Leadership Development Programme (LDP) or equivalent qualification.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate).
- Valid driver’s license
- B Tech Diploma or B Sc Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Massive Mining experience.
- Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrate an understanding of influence in the performance of different business functions, taking cognisance of set targets.
- Use a range of project management principles to direct, co-ordinate and integrate technical aspects in accordance with project.
- Convert labour requirements, tonnage and carat requirements, equipment / machinery availability and utilisation, back to the operation plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in developing contingency plans for managing risk.
- Demonstrate knowledge with regard to applicable mining legislative requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of mineral processing and economics
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lime Acres
Application Deadline: N/A