Peloton is looking for our next Software Engineer for our Content engineering team. In this role you will build APIs supporting music-related features all the way from class planning by instructors to listening to that music during live workouts on our Bike and Tread.
As a Software Engineer at Peloton, you will work as part of a cross-functional agile team. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design, and QA to deliver elegant, responsive, and reliable backend services and APIs as we continue to grow our platform and international presence.
You will develop, test, build, ship, and monitor flexible microservices integrated with our platform and third-party partners, to manage the music catalog and provide class planning tools.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, and other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Develop and maintain services and APIs to support user-facing features and reduce manual processes
- Write understandable, well tested code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and task breakdown
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and QA whilst becoming a domain expert in music at Peloton
- Understanding of testing and CI/CD
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change
- Proficiency in at least one UI framework like Vue (preferred), React, or similar
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, specifically MongoDB
- Fundamentals of a microservice architecture
- 2+ or more years of software development experience
- Knowledge of modern C# and .NET
- Eager to learn industry best practices
- Understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles
- Experience with NServiceBus, RabbitMQ, or other Service Bus technologies
- GraphQL experience
- Experience with various AWS technologies, especially S3, SQS, and Lambda
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A