Our long term insurance and investment product offering has grown significantly over the years. We have now developed a face to face distribution channel, with custom made systems, processes and products.
To facilitate this model a new position OUTsurance Life and Investments Regional Manager has emerged. The incumbent of this position will head up a team of OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors located in their designated region.
- Provide clear direction to team members on the strategic plan and key focus areas and ensure their understanding and buy-in by explaining their expected contribution to achievement of business objectives
- Explain and agree targets with individual OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors, communicate to all levels and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives in the business area in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, and expense management
- Facilitate achievement of set targets in the region by driving sales performance at all times.
- Report, to the Head of OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisor HOD, changes in strategic direction, structures and operating models in order to ensure transparent communication and effective operation
- Manage and drive the turnaround time in terms of targets to ensure a high sales performance within the region
- Building capability for the generation of sales and an increase in volumes from the Insurance and investment channel (in terms of strategy, tactics, team deployment, management of resources)
- Manage the delivery of variance reporting to the OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisor HOD monthly/as and when requested in order to provide recommendations and mitigating solution to variances that have occurred (e.g. sales targets not met etc.)
- Coaching all OUTsurance Life and Investment Advisors within the region to promote a productive sales environment to ensure sales targets are reached
- Meet with OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors in the regional team on a regular basis in on a one on one basis to coach them on best practice sales processes
- Coach the OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisor on issues and challenges they are experiencing in the region and provide guidance to them on resolving the issues by e.g. brainstorming around the issues / challenges or creating support network for the OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisor to align to
- Coach OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisor (one on one and / or in groups) on how to use the relevant OUTsurance Face to Face
- Distribution systems and advise them on diary management in order to upgrade their sales skills
- Actively participate in the recruitment and selection process of all OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors by interviewing new team members including determining appropriate compensation levels per the relevant remuneration model for OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisor
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the regional team of OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors by seeking and attracting OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors on an ongoing basis
- Create effective workforce plans and recruitment demand plans for own region to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- Work with OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors in the team to achieve excellent business results through continuous people development and mentoring activities
- Conduct meaningful performance development discussions with OUTsurance Life and Investments Advisors and ensure that agreed action plans are implemented
- Relevant B Degree and/or equivalent NQF6
- RE and FAIS Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Life insurance and Investments Sales and Business Development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Sales Management role with emphasis on people and performance management.
- A Proven track record of sales management and the ability to lead a team of successful Face to Face Sales staff.
- Strong flair for numbers and an ability to augment business rationale with supporting calculations.
- Deep understanding of the Face to Face Distribution model in the Financial advisor space, specifically relating to tied advisors / agents, with a particular focus on remuneration models.
- Excellent people management skills, including a track record of successfully leading large sales teams and consistently meeting sales targets.
- Solid Business Development understanding with specific focus on sales optimisation as well as driving the sales and service performance of Financial Advisors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellenbosch
Application Deadline: N/A