Website Old Mutual
This role is responsible for providing specialist legal support. It also partakes in actions related to legal risk management, technical training . The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts with limited supervision over periods of up to 3 months.
- Facilitates mitigating action and may initiate action by training and fixing, specifically where control break occurs or is likely to occur.
- Conducts legal marketing interventions and generally promotes a better understanding of legal requirements in area of responsibility.
- Provides legal opinions/comments on legislation.
- Contributes to the appropriate management of legal risk within area of responsibility e.g. identifying legal risks.
- Provides specialist legal support.
- Provides technical training on employment and labour relations legislation, policies, processes, practices and related matters .
- Networks with industry bodies, if required.
- Provides assistance with semi-legal or contractual documents.
- Conducts or participates in litigation.
- Works on projects.
- Employee Relations experience will be highly advantageous
- Great communication skills; using written, verbal and listening skills.
- LLB or equivalent plus minimum 1 – 3 years post qualification experience.
- Admitted Attorney, recommended
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A