McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Our climate- controlled McCalla, AL Distribution Center is seeking a dynamic and motivated Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a chance to work for a company that has the rare mix of being a fun, yet high-paced and professional work environment. The Facilities Assistant is responsible for ensuring the optimal utilization of the organization’s facilities.
Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance. The successful candidate will have 2+ years’ experience, be well-rounded in industrial electrical skills, repair experience and knowledge of a broad range of facility systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform many complex technical tasks.
- Provide support for all facility systems and equipment including but not limited to conveyors, printers, strappers, compressors, and other automated technologies.
- Ability to measure voltage and current accurately and safely and to use this data to troubleshoot and repair various circuits.
- Troubleshoot control circuits and devices such as photo eyes, solenoid valves, limit switches, indicating lights and safety switches.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks daily and complete documentation.
- Lubricate, oil, and clean devices as specified in their maintenance manuals.
- General building and office maintenance.
- Position will require lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds on a regular basis (8-hour shift plus overtime if necessary); lift and carry from 50 to 75 lbs. for short distances.
- Experience with CMMS programs and PM process
- Three plus years in maintenance, as mechanic or technician in an industrial environment.
- Must be self-motivated and work without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a multi-functional team.
- Must have proven history of acceptable safety and attendance.
- Strong analytical and mechanical skills, attention to detail required.
- Associate degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training or experience in a relevant technical field.
- Understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a distribution center including transformers, generators, switchgear
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A