The overall purpose of the supervision of the technical team and providing technical support to the TB LON Project.
- Recommends/Identifies training needs on TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB for IRD SA and DOH staff.
- Supports the districts to implement a quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) approach to TB, TB/HIV, MDR TB and TB-DM in all districts.
- Provides TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB technical support and guidance to the IRD SA team and district health teams and the community-based groups such as NGOs, CBOs etc.
- Participates in the formulation, review and recommendation of national guidelines/protocols and policies on TB, TB/HIV, DR TB service delivery.
- Participates in senior management meetings and contributes to the strategic direction of the project and overall organisational goals.
- Liaise with DOH and other institutions involved in TB, HIV/AIDS and DR TB care services.
- Assist with the provision of TB monitoring and evaluation, and surveillance to enable the provision of effective and efficient tuberculosis services, including community support systems.
- Recommends and disseminates up-to-date clinical services delivery guidelines and protocols for TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB services.
- Provides continuous guidance and improvement of the quality of the TB/HIV, DR-TB program by regular application of quality improvement approaches.
- Prepares SOPs to be used by the clinical staff in planning and institutionalizing clinical services.
- Monitors and evaluates the delivery of TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB services, and recommends necessary follow-up actions.
- The TB Technical Team Leader will provide technical support to the districts supported in the project on their drug-sensitive (DS) and drug-resistant (DR) TB programmes, including the development of clinical standards and procedures for TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB.
- Represents the organization in clinical meetings with key stakeholders (Department of Health) in liaison with district and facility managers
- Prepares periodic reports on TB, TB/HIV, and DR-TB activities in district, including reports on clinical services.
- Contribute to the development of the annual work plans, annual and quarterly reports, and other requests that may come from the funder and the DOH Performs supervisory and mentorship role to the IRD SA clinical staff members.
- 5 years’ experience working with public health systems and NGOs in TB and TB/HIV and other health areas.
- Experience in training/coaching skills, team building, and advocacy/policy development required.
- Computer literacy is a minimum requirement.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to project implementing sites.
- Experience working with NDOH, USAID and private sector funders.
- 5 years’ experience in TB program management, TB case management, HIV/AIDS.
- Medical Degree (MBCHB; MBBS or equivalent).
- Nursing qualification or a post-graduate qualification in Internal Medicine, Public Health or equivalent is an added advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A