The NMF contributes to the making of a just society by mobilising the legacy of Nelson Mandela, providing public access to information on his life and times, and convening dialogue on critical social issues.
The Nelson Mandela Foundation seeks to appoint a Dialogue Analyst to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position is assist with the identification, development and maintaining of dialogue points within the community and amongst other stakeholders in order to find ways to promote social justice and carry the legacy of Nelson Mandela. This includes assisting with the development of content, logistics support and co-ordination as well as supporting with the overall activities of the Dialogue and Advocacy unit.
- Support with the identification and development of research and public policy projects
- Support dialogue convenings related to poverty and inequality, constitutionalism and reckoning with the past
- Support the development of policy and practice recommendations based on dialogue engagements & research, and through working with other experts and community actors
- Provide input to the development of strategic intervention plans on key focus areas of the Dialogue Programme
- Support with the development of high-impact interventions both at a high-level and a community level
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the non-governmental, community, state and private sectors.
- Oversee key events and processes
- Arrange and manage logistics and planning
- Support and coordinate events and process
- Liaise and manage internal and external stakeholders in the process of organizing logistics and processes
- A postgraduate degree, at least at the Honours level, in the human and related sciences
- At least 3 years working experience in the area of socio-economic development, social interventions and/or research
- Fluent in English and one other South African language
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Excellent writing ability and a history of outputs
- Excellent network and stakeholder relations ability
- Strong logistics and organizing ability
- Ability to work independently to advance complex projects
- Strong Written, Listening, and Verbal Communication Skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A