Freedom Under Law (FUL) seeks to appoint an Executive Officer. The Executive Officer reports to the FUL Board of Directors and is responsible for providing leadership and executing the strategy of the organisation. Together with the Board, the Executive Officer formulates the vision and overall strategy of FUL. It is envisaged that a strategic review planned for early 2022 will see a reorientation and possible expansion of FUL’s role. It is hoped that the newly appointed Executive Officer will help drive this process and the resulting vision.
- Communicating and executing the organisation’s strategy on a day-to-day basis
- Leading and helping formulate appropriate legal interventions
- Overseeing the financial and human resources administration of the organisation as its sole employee
- Ensures communication and, where appropriate, collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Formulating and participating in advocacy campaigns intended to promote FUL’s litigation initiatives or otherwise profile rule of law and constitutional concerns
- A law degree and/or post-graduate qualification in law
- Approximately ten years relevant experience in a law-related field
- Knowledge of and familiarity with South Africa’s public interest law sector
- Ability to interact and communicate constructively with a broad range of partners from persons in government, donors, legal professionals and civil society
- Public relations, media liaison and advocacy skills as the public face of FUL
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A