The EWT is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and confident person to assist with the day-to-day activities of the National Biodiversity and Business Network (NBBN). This person will be responsible for general project management linked to NBBN partner needs, communication and general administration. Ideally, this role would suit a person with excellent administrative skills, strong environmental knowledge and a good understanding of issues relating to biodiversity and business. As the NBBN sits at the nexus between business and conservation, an exception could be made for a person who is highly skilled in either of these fields but with a keen interest in the other.
- Assist with the general administration of the NBBN which includes, but is not limited to organising meetings, regular communication with partners, report writing, and general admin.
- Develop and update the Biodiversity Disclosure Project’s database with annual performance assessments of listed companies.
- Assist with project management for individual projects by keeping track of tasks and deliverables, deadlines, data collection needs, and meetings.
- Maintain relationships with partners and explore the opportunity for developing new partnerships.
- Assist with implementing the NBBN communications plan including writing popular and technical material.
- Work with geospatial analysis using ARCGIS or QGIS which involves mapping and basic classification (preferred but not required).
- Represent the NBBN at different business engagements.
- Assist with training workshops and developing and delivering educational material.
- Energetic and motivated to achieve.
- Excellent people skills
- Experience conducting field surveys for fauna and flora is beneficial.
- Fluent in English.
- Sound knowledge of public relations and communication tools such as social media or website management.
- Solid knowledge about the relationship between biodiversity and business.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating meetings and workshops (online and in-person)
- Proven working experience in either the private sector or environmental sector.
- Excellent communication skills and excellence in both written and spoken English is essential.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as natural sciences, business management, environmental management, or economics.
- Basic project management experience including time-management, budgets, process flows, and monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Highly organised.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literacy in relation to Office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint) as well as the use of the internet and online communication tools.
- Skilled in GIS software especially GIS process flow development and semi-automated classification is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and people skills and an approachable personality.
- Good business acumen
- Knowledge of relevant policy frameworks at local and international level such as the CBD and the WBCSD.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A