The Registered Nurse is responsible firstly to the unit manager and in his/her absence to the Registered Nurse delegated to take over these duties, ultimately the Registered Nurse is responsible to the Nursing Services Manager.
- The Registered Nurse is expected to actively participate in the meeting.
- Doing the psychiatric nursing evaluation and comprehensively completing the documentation
- The ordering of medication for patients shall be done according to policy
- The Registered Nurse is expected to be familiar with the content of the policy and procedure file and to ensure that implementation of said
- Policies and procedures are adhered to by themselves and their subordinates.
- The Registered Nurse shall delegate duties in accordance to the knowledge, skills and attitudes of colleagues and subordinates, thus maximizing the utilisation of manpower and improving productivity.
- Ward stock (medication) will be kept at a manageable level
- In the absence of the unit manager or as a delegated duty the Registered Nurse will be able to plan systematically, He/she will be able to adapt as circumstances change and will be able to successfully carry a greater workload.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring that the Policy and Procedure file is kept intact and well maintained.
- He/she is responsible for giving feedback to other members of the nursing team in regard to changes in a patient’s treatment, any new decisions that have been taken, or any management changes.
- Provision of a therapeutic environment
- Must have an understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion
- Must be a Qualified Psychiatric Nurse (Registered with SANC)
- Minimum of 2 years Psychiatric Experience (Essential)
- Understanding of the Nursing Act and SANC regulation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A