The Clinical Facilitator is responsible for the facilitation of teaching and learning of the theoretical and clinical component in a clinical environment to reinforce the learning process as well as the integration of theory and practice to reinforce the learning process.
The incumbent will further provide up-to-date nursing education, evaluation and support to students and staff in the clinical hospital ward environment in both Union and Clinton Hospitals. The incumbent is also responsible for establishing partnerships between the hospital clinical teams and Netcare Education teams to ensure continuous development and improvement of theoretical and clinical nursing skills, nursing standards and general nursing care.
- Active involvement in research activities to discover new knowledge about products, processes, and services, and then applying that knowledge to create new and improved products, processes, and services that meet the academic market needs.
- Plan, organise, and active involvement in the process and production of all academic related projects
- Develop and review evaluation and educational strategies
- Motivate and encourage learners to participate in research within their Scope of Practice
- Audit and participate in quality improvement programmes to identify problems which may require research
- Implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation.
- Draw up duty rosters for students
- Record learner hours and leave
- Facilitate the marking of case studies and assignments in line with Netcare Education requirements
- Keep accurate learner clinical records
- Clinical accompaniment of students
- Permanent staff training
- Plan and support the development of student knowledge, skills and capabilities by closely monitoring progress on assignments and tests against performance targets to identify talent. Provides timely guidance and feedback to help strengthen skill areas and leverage potential.
- Plan and support the development of staff knowledge, skills and capabilities in conjunction with management team
- Focus on quality orientation in all academic and clinical nursing processes.
- Registered as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council or equivalent NQF 7
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Education and Admin
- Additional qualification in Critical Care Nursing
- Assessor and moderator trained.
- Experience in the clinical nursing environment
- Minimum two year working experience as a Registered Nurse
- Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialised field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A