The Patient Centred Care Liaison will anticipate needs and build rapport with the patient in order for the patient to value the experience and feels that they can return to a Netcare facility in future. The focus is on building a long standing relationship where patient social circumstances, preferences, values and needs are all taken into consideration. This individual will participate in discussions regarding patient feedback and will facilitate and co-own the investigation and responsibility of complaint resolution. This will include documentation and feedback to the customer.
- Welcome the patient and the family to the hospital and ensure that the patient experience is memorable by making the patient feel like a valued guest.
- Communicate to the patient and their family that different avenues for feedback are available and encourage the utilisation of these feedback mechanisms.
- Serve as the face of patient care by dealing effectively with all customer complaints which includes resolving them effectively while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Escalate appropriate concerns accompanied by the relevant investigation outcome and other documentation to the Hospital General Manager, Regional Management and Head Office structure in line with the standard operating procedure.
- Finalise complaints by ensuring that all information on the system is processed accurately and timeously and that the relevant documentation is completed.
- Conduct ward rounds to engage patients during their stay in order to provide feedback and identify any problems with regards to service delivery.
- Communicate with patients during their hospital stay to ensure that complaints are effectively dealt with prior to the patient leaving the Netcare facility.
- Ensure that any complaints raised post the discharge of the patient are investigated and resolved effectively.
- Demonstrate an ability to sensitively and confidentially deal with problems and apply judgment in problem solving, conflict resolution and cultural awareness.
- Ensure that time is allocated to assisting all the Hospital stakeholders to identify and implement function specific improvement work within each of the relevant areas.
- Present to the Hospital General Manager concerns and possible improvement initiatives based on patient and family feedback and co-own the testing of improvement ideas.
- Ensure that complaints and concerns are acknowledged in a timely, appropriate, empathetic and respectful manner.
- Facilitate and assist with investigations relating to the quality of the service provided, identify stakeholders who are required to assist or provide input and implement improvement actions in line with the complaints standard operating procedure.
- Ensure that all hospital stakeholders understand and comply in a consistent manner to the patient complaint standard operating procedure.
- Provide feedback to the patient and their family on an ongoing and regular basis in an appropriate, empathetic and respectful manner.
- Grade 12
- Advanced computer literacy is preferred
- A relevant tertiary qualification in customer relations is essential.
- Previous customer relations experience within Private Healthcare is essential.
- Strong administrative and IT skills is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of customer relations and the associated programmes for management.
- Able to work under pressure and to function within a collaborative working team.
- The role requires a resilient, self-motivated, compassionate personality coupled by being energised through all people interaction.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Berea
Application Deadline: N/A