To undertake valuations of various types of fixed assets and ensure accuracy, validity, quality, and reliability of valuations thereby contributing to the credit risk assessment process and providing advisory service to stakeholders in Property Finance and Property Partners.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Provide technical opinions, expertise and decision making to stakeholders at Business Case Forums and Credit committees
- Share expert knowledge and industry trends with the Property Finance Business Units and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the quality of the book is maintained by undertaking timeous review valuations within the defined scope of the valuations and credit policies.
- Apply knowledge of property legislation, including environmental law / regulations in the valuation and project co-ordination processes.
- Compile quality valuations of all types of properties for mortgage lending purposes including assessment of property risk and ensuring compliance with all procedures by conducting physical property inspections, research and analysis of market data and appropriate application of valuation methodologies
- Liaising with property brokers and related professionals, building and maintaining strong client relationships and updating the property database.
- Participate and support NCIB initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green, Sustainability & Climate Change).
- Meet stakeholder expectations. Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders through effective communication and engagement.
- Mitigate risk through the application of technical skill by formulating and managing special conditions, signoffs, consents, and any other requests from the business.
- Vet and authorise external and internal valuation reports in accordance with the mandate structure as per the valuation policy through the application of quality control measures.
- Ensure a professional conduct when dealing with all stakeholders through appropriate personal branding
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives, and values by ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Valuation techniques and models.
- Knowledge of the commercial property market and property financing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Real Estate/ Quantity Surveying/ Property Studies/ Property Development or equivalent
- Professional Associate or Professional Valuer registered with the South African Council for Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP), Membership to the South African Institute of Valuers (SAIV ), Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Time Management Skills (Deadline sensitive)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Knowledge of risk and risk assessment.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years experience in commercial Property Finance
- Good understanding of the commercial property market, feasibility analysis and property risk
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A