To implement Property Finance lending transactions in order to maximise sustainable revenue streams through the pursuit of profitable and innovative specialised debt financing transactions
- Build sound client relationships (existing and new clients) by clear communication; regular meetings and setting clear objectives and time lines.
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships by collaboration across all clusters; clear communication; agreeing on objectives and time lines and requesting stakeholder input in decision making.
- Build professional relationships by networking. Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in
- Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
- Assist Principals to close transactions by sharing your professional skills; completing deal assessments; running various pricing scenarios and scoping financial models; structuring the transaction; executing on compliance and presenting application to credit committee.
- Maintain and build existing and on-board market share by applying your professional skills.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Evaluate deal progress in line with set objectives and time lines by scheduling and leading progress meetings; following up on deliverables; scheduling review meetings with client and reviewing own work before submitting to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of revenue streams by submitting proposals to finance including a motivation for the recommended classification of the revenue.
- Lead transaction to close by completing deal assessments; running various pricing scenarios; structuring the transaction; negotiating legal documents; preparing credit applications and executing on compliance and presenting application to credit committee.
- Ensure timeous submission of credit reviews by effectively planning (setting deliverables; expectations and time lines); early engagement and following up stakeholders on deliverables; delegating and reviewing associates work and assisting in deal implementation across various aspects of the transaction.
- Monitor and assess credit exposure for any increase in risk by assessing exposures for appropriateness taking into consideration the client business performance and market conditions.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Post-graduate degree in Finance/Commerce/Accounting or equivalent studies
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience sourcing, securing new deals and establishing client relationships in Property Finance (Residential Development,
- Commercial and/or Corporate) industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in structured lending.
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Knowledge related to Investment Banking products and formulating wholistic solutions for client
- Nedbank culture and values
- Preference will be given to underrepresented groups
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A