Website Mr Price Group
Ensure that the financial records of the business are maintained in compliance with accounting and business practices and done in an accurate and timeous manner.
- Verifies, allocates, posts and reconciles all general ledger accounts.
- Produces error-free accounting reports and presents their results.
- Analyses financial information and summarize financial status.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Assists the Financial Manager with the closing of all the relevant general ledger accounts in order to deliver the trial balance monthly to provide information to auditors as well as the preparation of the annual budget.
- Compiles VAT & statistical reports to external institutions to provide information that assists in ratings against other retailers in the field.
- Assisting the FM with the preparation of year-end accounts and providing information for external auditors. Assisting the FM with ad-hoc finance queries. Assisting the FM with external reporting to various stakeholders.
- Responsible for debtor’s reconciliation of the general ledger and the subsidiary ledger. Responsible for debtors-related general ledger queries.
- Responsible for tax audits and tax returns. Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues, applying financial principles and practices and developing recommendations.
- University Degree: B. Com or Equivalent Account Degree.
- 3 – 5 Years’ Experience.
- Advanced Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook).
- ERP Systems.
- Understanding of Telco.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A