The purpose of the FP&A analyst is to provide data driven analysis, insights and reporting to stakeholders which influences behaviour and decision making and help execute on strategy. This is a key role in reporting, planning and helping the business to understand the financial results to achieve operational, financial and strategic objectives.
- Ensure a deep understanding of the relevant business area/problem through meaningful collaboration with the relevant stakeholders which will enrich analysis and insights.
- Design, develop and maintain proactive financial management tools which empowers the business in decision making, influences behaviour and converts insights into actionable enhancements.
- Educate our stakeholders on financial tools and insights to embed understanding and insights.
- Provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business performance.
- Support the strategic planning and strategic initiatives of the company by providing financial planning and modeling skills.
- Conduct dynamic financial forecasting, on different scenarios, by interrogating current revenue and expense projections to assess viability, reasonability and inherent risks.
- Guide business leaders through the financial planning and forecasting processes, leveraging the market and industry relevant data to support the evaluation of strategic options and alternatives.
- Identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
- Monitor and analyse competitor, economic and regulatory environment for input into strategic and operational plans.
- Develop and implement and monitor a framework to drive the successful financial reporting across the business.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly financial assessments and generate well-structured reports which contains fit for purpose insights with adequate explanation of business performance and financial results to be submitted to the various stakeholders.
- Always consider continuous improvement within area of accountability by identifying opportunities to enhance current systems and procedures, adapting them to keep pace with the changes in the business and its needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements to all stakeholders in order to ensure expectations are managed.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional service.
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery.
- Contribute to a positive work climate and culture to energise colleagues, give meaning to work, minimize work disruption and maximise productivity.
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
- Degree in BCom accounting, Financial Management or Management Accounting (essential)
- Registered Chartered Accountant with South African Institute of Chartered Accountants or management accountant Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (would be advantageous)
- A graduate degree in Actuarial Science or related degree (would be advantageous)
- 5-7 years in financial management in a life insurance environment
- 2 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, word and powerpoint as well as data analysis and reporting tools, i.e. SASS, Power BI, Qlikview, TM1, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville
Application Deadline: N/A