Website MiWay Insurance Limited
MiWay is a direct financial services company. We are passionate about service excellence, convenience and offering our clients superior value products. Our Vision is to be a world-class direct financial services business that offers a complete array of services under one convenient umbrella – all managed online. Category winners of the Mail & Guardian Top Companies Reputation Awards in 2014, as well as the Deloitte Best Company to Work For Survey 2011 and 2012 – were are passionate about our people. We are positive that with the right people on board, we will continue to grow and give our clients the freedom to do things their way – free from worry and most importantly at peace with all the “what-ifs” of the world. Company values that every employee subscribes to are: Energy, Freedom, Accountability and Attitude. The ideal candidate is one who has the courage to be bold and subscribes to MiWay’s core values! Do you have a positive attitude, love a challenge, treat your colleagues with respect and look for solutions, not problems? If yes, then MiWay is the place for you!
- At MiWay, our purpose is to enable people to live their way. We understand that life is not just about “things” – but the meaning that those things bring to your life. We believe that technology and innovation have infinite possibilities when it’s inspired by humans… by you.
- This is why we focus on our clients’ needs; finding new ways to simplify their lives and how they do things. We give them products, services and solutions that enable them to live and enjoy life on their own terms – in their own way.
- Agile values and principles are strongly embedded in our culture and they are at the core of how we make decisions and how we approach adding value within the company.
- Our development department is grouped into various teams who service various areas of our business. Our teams are self-organising and given autonomy to influence the technical direction of our applications and shape the success of our organisation. We promote a flat structure which means that we are all equally responsible for the role that our department fulfills and how we add value to the business. Even though some individuals are tasked to take on more or alternative responsibilities, we do not promote classic titles and traditional structures.
- In line with an agile principle, we take our level of technical excellence seriously. We place a vast amount of emphasis on coding standards and quality, and strictly adhere to them. All our code and solutions are reviewed by the whole department to promote knowledge sharing, and our testing community is empowered to make the final decisions on whether acceptance criteria are met.
- Even though we require team members to have adequate working experience and a healthy attitude towards growing skills and participating in our industry, teams are not built around individual superstars and we prefer individuals who are more team orientated.
- Interested? Well, we’re looking to grow our team with a talented, passionate developer, who will be responsible for planning and developing world-class solutions within our cross-functional team. The ideal developer will contribute towards sustainable, intuitive, and functional solutions that meet business needs, while furthering our ever-growing technology-stack and applications.
- Relevant IT degree or diploma will get preference
- 6+ years working experience developing in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Developing and maintaining packages, procedures, functions, views, and other database objects in the Oracle Database
- Solid understanding of database architecture
- Understanding of software systems used in the development process: Code versioning (SVN), Release management (Crucible & Bamboo) and
- Issue Tracking (JIRA)
- Knowledge and/or working experience of the following will be advantageous:
- TIA (The Insurance Application)
- Oracle 12c upwards
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle Reports
- Performance tuning (SQL and PL/SQL)
- WebLogic integration
- Shell scripting
- Plan, design & develop solutions within a team
- Conduct or assist with code quality reviews of solutions
- Conduct or assist with troubleshooting and debugging of developed solutions in development and production environments
- Attend and provide input in team and stakeholder meetings relating to technical and architecture requirements
- Conduct internal knowledge sharing sessions on developed solutions and best practises
- Contribute towards well documented, quality, tested and reusable code, ensuring development is followed through to completion that is in accordance with team standards and the solution specification
Company: MiWay Insurance Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand
Application Deadline: N/A