The Customer Service Associate – Sales Floor delivers excellent customer service by listening to customers, using expertise to help customers, and loading merchandise for customers. Overall, most of this associate’s time is spent interacting with our customers and ensuring they receive the best possible shopping and project planning experience.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certification in trade related to department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of retail experience in related department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of experience in a customer service position at a home improvement or hardware retailer in related department (e.g., kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden).
- 1 year of retail experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 1 year of retail experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- 1 year of retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, down stocking, facing/fronting product, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping.
- 1 year of experience working in any department at a Lowe’s retail store.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, evaluating, and coaching employees.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A