Website Lancet Laboratories
Collects Nasopharyngeal swab and throat specimens for clinical analysis, evaluation and/ or diagnostic purposes
Administers the receiving, capturing and distribution of all Pathology reports to ensure correct information is obtained and recorded and to facilitate the speedy processing of samples in terms of service objectives.
- Ensures that patients/ clients from whom Nasopharyngeal and Throat swabs are to be taken, are correctly identified and educated about the procedure and their rights, in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Keeps records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
- Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turn around requirements.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Receiving cash from patients and ensuring banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Reports incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Processes sample registration ³logging´and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
- Coping with pressures and set backs
- Working with People
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Computer literate
- Laboratory information systems
- Organisational policy procedures
- BSC degree or any other relevant qualification
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Simons Town
Application Deadline: N/A