Website Lancet Laboratories
Performs and analyses the results of laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose, treat and prevent diseases.
Assists laboratory and/ or regional technical manager with supervision of staff and functions as per delegated responsibilities.
- Assists the laboratory and/ or regional technical manager to supervise and train staff in line with delegated responsibilities and/or deputising requirements to ensure that operational objectives are achieved, employees are able to achieve their performance objectives and interns and students are trained and guided appropriately.
- Ensures the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with standard operating procedures and service level agreements.
- Assists the laboratory and/ or regional technical manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times
- Performs diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Records and verifies test results to ensure integrity of test result database on laboratory information system.
- Oversees and performs the maintenance and calibration of the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes ensuring that instrument maintenance and quality control results are recorded as well as trouble shooting and corrective action is taken and documented.
- Assists the laboratory and/ or regional technical manager to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and the preparation process for internal and external audits.
- Assists the laboratory and/ or regional technical manager to ensure that incidents and instrument failures are reported by laboratory staff, thereby ensuring compliance with relevant organisational policy and laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Manages client liaison to maintain a positive image of the organisation, promote the services of Lancet Laboratories and monitor resolution of customer complaints.
Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
- Rule orientation
- Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
- Laboratory information systems
- Laboratory standards operating procedures and processes
- Medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
- Organisational policy procedures
- Grade 12
- National diploma in Biomedical Technology
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- 3-5 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Team leader skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset West
Application Deadline: N/A